Last update: October 28, 2020
If you have any questions or suggestions about this information or would like to contact us to exercise your rights described below, please contact us via:
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Beknight Interactive LLC, is a mobile publisher based in the United States (“Beknight Interactive”, “we” or “us”); Beknight Interactive’s games, applications and related services are offered to users globally and accessible via the Apple App Store, Google Play, and Samsung Galaxy Store covering iOS, Android users as well as any other platform where our applications may be accessed.
Our purpose at Beknight Interactive is to bring the best games to the masses.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect (a) personal data that you provide to us, (b) personally identifiable data we automatically collect through your use of the Services, (c) non-personally identifiable data we automatically collect through your use of the Services, and (d) information we receive from Other Sources..
(a) Personally Identifiable Data You Provide to Us
We collect your Player Name if you create one to access our games. We collect your Apple Game Center ID and/or Google Play Gamer ID at the time when you start a Beknight Interactive game.
(b) Automatically Collected Personally Identifiable Data
We collect web and mobile device identifiers when you access the Services, usually when you download and use one of our mobile applications or when you browse or interact with one of our websites. The type of identifier collected can vary upon the device and technologies you are using to access the Services and include:
- IP address – Internet Protocol address used by computing devices such as personal computers, tablets and smartphones;
- MAC address – Media Access Control address assigned to a network interface controller;
- IDFA* – Apple Device Advertising Identifier;
- IDFV – Apple Identifier for Vendor;
- GAID** – Google Play/Android Device Advertising Identifier;
*The advertising identifier IDFA is not collected if you have limited Ad Tracking on your iOS device. Resetting your Ad Tracking setting will change collection of this data.
**The advertising identifier GAID is not collected if you have opted out of Ads Personalization on your Android device. Resetting your Ad Personalization setting will change collection of this data.
(c) Automatically Collected Non-Personally Identifiable Data
We collect non-personal device information, account information, and gameplay data automatically generated or collected through the Services including:
- Language & region setting (we don’t track precise GPS location based information from your device);
- Technical information such as app version, device type (hardware), OS or operating system (software) and OS type, browser and domain so we can serve you with the most relevant game content and optimize app performance for your device;
- Game progress such as features used, in-game events, interaction with other players and purchases in order to maintain progress in your account and analyze aggregated game data to improve the game.
(d) Information We Receive From Other Sources.
From time to time third-party service partners also provide us information from your device. This is to help us measure the effectiveness of our ad campaigns where we advertise our games on other third-party platforms and services. For example, when you click on an ad that directs you to install a Beknight Interactive game, we receive the IDFA/GAID to know the ad network and campaign source taking you to us.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We collect, process, and use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to the Services (including the social features of our games like in-game chat, messages, and alliances);
- To personalize your gameplay experience;
- To improve our games and identify bugs;
- To provide you personalized offers related to ‘purchase’ features of the Services,
- To administer your account (including ensuring compliance with the Terms of Service);
- To provide you with technical support when requested;
- To host related game communities;
- To notify you of new updates, features, enhancements, products and services,;
- To communicate with you about events, forums, game features, promotions and purchase opportunities;
- As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to comply with applicable law or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of our players, users, employees, third parties, members of the public, or Services.
We process your personal data as described above according to one or more of the following lawful bases, depending on each specific context and the types of personal information concerned:
- Processing as necessary to establish and fulfill a contract with you. For example, where you download and use our application that are subject to our Terms of Service and we provide our Services, administer your access to our Services, improve our games, analyze gameplay, communicate with you for transactional purposes, and provide customer support services;
- Processing in our legitimate interests (not superseded by your rights) for purposes that can be reasonably expected within the context of your use of our Services. For example, performing analytics to improve Services performance, monitoring in-game activities to prevent fraud, misuse of our Services and Terms of Service violations, and delivering in-game contextual advertising where applicable; Processing as necessary to comply with legal obligations. For example, maintaining accurate business records for tax and financial reporting or to respond to valid legal requests.
- Where we have your consent to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS SHARED
We share your personal data with the following types of third parties:
- Third-party service providers. We work with third-party service providers to support us in making the Services available to you. These are services like cloud hosting, analytics or other technical tools, and player support services. These service providers only process your data as directed by us for the purpose of supporting and servicing the Beknight Interactive applications that you are using. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Law enforcement or regulatory authorities, government agencies, courts of law or other third parties. We may disclose your data or information about you in response to a request where we believe in good faith that we are under legal obligation, or legally permitted, to do so; or where we believe it is necessary:
- to detect, prevent, and address fraud, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity;
- to protect ourselves such as establishing, exercising, or defending our legal rights (including our intellectual property rights and those of our licensors); or
- to protect your vital interests or those of any other persons such as public safety.
- Third parties in connection with a business transfer such as a merger or acquisition of any part of Beknight Interactive’s business, or a sale of all or a portion of Beknight Interactive’s assets to another company.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store information about website visitors and application users on servers primarily located in the United States, and we may also store such information on servers and equipment in other countries. Where necessary, we utilize Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission to legitimize the transfer of personal information from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to the United States and other countries.
NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC POSTING AREAS
Please be mindful that any information you include in a message you post to any public posting area (such as our forum or in game chat) is available to anyone with Internet access. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN YOU DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN THESE PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. For example, if you do not want people to know your email address, do not include it in any message you post publicly.
We store your personal data only as long as necessary to achieve the purpose of processing or to fulfill our contractual or statutory obligations. For example, your personal data, such as your Player Name and Email Address, are retained as long as you continue to hold an account in our applications so we can provide you with access to the Services. As another example, your personal data may be retained to fulfill our contractual or statutory obligations such as resolving disputes or enforcing our Terms of Service or other policies, or as necessitated by law or legal considerations, such as for tax, auditing, fraud detection, and maintaining marketing suppression lists of transactional history. When retention is necessary, we will anonymize such personal data to the extent reasonably possible. When retention is no longer needed to fulfill the processing purposes, your personal data is deleted from our records.
We use technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data that we hold against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. The practical reality is, however, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a data breach that is likely to affect the security of your personal data, we may attempt to notify you electronically via email so that you can take appropriate protective steps and/or by posting a notice via the Services if a data breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
You may have certain rights in relation to your personal data depending on your residency, subject to applicable lawful exemptions.
Where the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies, your rights consist of:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and
- The rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
OUR POLICY CONCERNING CHILDREN
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, nor are they intended for children residing in the European Economic Area under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from such children. Children under the age of 13, or 16 residing in the European Economic Area, should not use or attempt to use our Services. In the event we learn that we have in fact collected personal data from such a child, we will immediately delete this data.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Services may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other sites that are not controlled by Beknight Interactive. For information on how these sites use your personal data, please review their respective policies and contact them directly.